In a Supply Chain Opportunity Assessment a company’s current state of supply chain strategy, planning, technology, and processes is defined and evaluated against best practices in each key supply chain function.
Are you experiencing these business challenges? Do these questions sound familiar?
Common Business Challenges
• Need for competitive benchmarking
• Change in executive leadership with new initiatives
• Need an impartial, outside perspective on issues and opportunities
• Prioritization of issues and opportunities
Key Questions for Consideration
• What are supply chain process best practices?
• How does our company’s operations and processes compare to best-in-class processes? How significant is the gap?
• What is the priority to address improvement opportunities?
Supply Chain Acuity’s Supply Chain Opportunity Assessment service helps our clients understand their supply chain strengths and weaknesses compared to best practices. Improvement opportunities are identified and prioritized based on the potential impact and level of effort required to close the gap.
A normal supply chain assessment includes:
• Conducting a series of interviews with stakeholders from across many departments and level of responsibility; make site visits
• Collect relevant data and performance metrics and analyze
• Identify best practices and perform gap analysis
• Make recommendations to address key challenges and prioritize improvements
• Roadmap to achieve results
A full assessment includes 12 supply chain functions:
- Customer experience
- Supply Chain Strategy and Network Design
- Demand Management
- Supply Management
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
- Transportation Management
- International Trade (if applicable)
- Customer Service
- Organization and People Development
- Information Technology
- Performance Measurement
Delivered Benefits and Desired Outcomes
• Clear understanding of supply chain strengths and weaknesses
• Identified gaps for supply chain improvement
• Qualitative and quantitative supply chain improvement opportunities
• Independent, 3rd party perspective
• Prioritized plan to achieve results